The term ‘pupil voice’ refers to ways of listening to the views of pupils and involving them in decision-making about the way in which they are taught and learn. At Gatley Primary we make a particular effort to engage our children, encouraging their active participation in a range of forums including:
- School Council - gather pupil opinion relating to current school priorities and initiatives
- Global Warriors - develop sustainable solutions linked to our environment
- Maths Council - lead mathematical events and fundraising across the school
- Creative Council - review and further develop innovative teaching and learning approaches
- Young Gatley Village Partnership Group - engage with stakeholders to promote our local community
Safer Internet Day
Globally, Safer Internet Day is celebrated in over a hundred countries, coordinated by the joint Insafe/INHOPE network, with the support of the European Commission, and national Safer Internet Centres across Europe.
The day offers the opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community. It calls upon young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers, and wider, to join together in helping to create a better internet.
Please click the pictures below to find out more about how Safer Internet Day was celebrated by our school.