At Gatley Primary School, regular, open communication and consultation is highly valued. We place an emphasis on promoting and supporting parent and carer participation in their child's education because we know that by working together, we can ensure the best outcomes for our pupils.
We facilitate different opportunities for parents and carers to get involved in school life, for example, Parent Workshops, Curriculum Open Sessions and Parent Working Parties. Our aim is to provide information, support and guidance as well as to gather parent voice on different topics, which will help the school to develop and improve.
We also have an active PTA who plan events throughout the school year, for example, our winter and summer fairs. If you are interested in becoming involved in the PTA or in attending any of our parent communication events, please email the school office at email@example.com for more details.
Parent Working Party 15 November 2022
Parent Working Party Nov 22
Homework Policy and Enrichment Offer
The school has continued to work in partnership with parents with the aim of giving parents a voice with regards to different aspects of school life, including the development of key policies.
In November, we invited parents to come into school to join us for a working party. The aim was to give parents the opportunity to review and share their thoughts on our enrichment offer and also our Homework Policy.
During the course of the session, we asked parents to discuss and provide feedback on some key questions:
- What could make our enrichment offer even better?
- How easy/effective is the booking systems?
- Is there a good range of enrichment opportunities on offer?
- Does homework support your child's learning?
- Does homework support our school's values and learning principles?
- Do you understand the purpose of homework? Does it allow pupils to practice, rehearse and apply what they have been learning within class?
- Does your child understand the expectations of the homework set and are they able to complete it independently?
- Do you think homework should link specifically to current topics of work being covered within class?
Parents were able to discuss together their own experiences of both our enrichment offer and also the Homework Policy. Following further consultation with staff and pupils, this feedback will be used to support the school in reviewing and developing their Homework Policy and also to further develop our enrichment offer.